Sunday, October 5, 2008

21 years later........


Katie's dad, Boyd, bought a radio control airplane in 1987 (I know this from a receipt). He spent time building, covering, installing, tuning, and...never flew it. Katie remembers him working a lot on it while Andy helped to get it ready for flight. I have been flying for about ten years now, and I know how to fly pretty well. Finally, after eight years, I got up the courage to ask Boyd if could buy the plane from him. I don't know the whole reason for him not flying this beautifully crafted plane, but 21 years later it finally came off the ground. I was shaking a little bit when it first took it off but after trimming it out so it would fly straight and level, it flew flawlessly. Here are a few pictures of the dusty airplane.




2 comments:

Amanda said...

Jeremy wants to know where the pictures of the burning wreck are?

Hilary Checketts said...

Did it really crash and burn??? Congrats Kenny on getting Dad to fly it!