So, I’m sitting at home doing homework and I look at the clock and its almost 1:00 in the morning. All of a sudden I hear the door creek open and Kenny comes walking downstairs. At first, he looks normal – just a little flushed from the exercise and cold ice. Then I take another look at him and he has a HUGE gash in his eyebrow from a good knock to the head with a hockey stick. It definitely needed stitches. Of course Kenny was too tough to get stitches so he goes in his hobby room and grabs some super glue and hands it to me. I get to be the surgeon – the one responsible for the scar that will remain on his eyebrow. Was I willing to do this???? Heck yes! I was very nervous but after a few drops of glue were in the wound I squished the skin together and let it dry. I didn’t consider that I would adhere to the wound and as I pulled my fingers off, it pulled the skin apart and the glue quickly re-dried with the skin separated.
Next time you see Kenny and notice the huge scar on his eyebrow you can laugh at both of us. Laugh at Kenny for not getting professional medical assistance and laugh at me for not thinking through the procedure well enough and leaving my husband with a funky scar on his eyebrow.










No comments:
Post a Comment